Subject area of interest:
Applied Chemistry, Biothermodynamics and biophysical chemistry, Polymer science and technology.
Ph.D. in Biothermodynamics and Biophysical Chemistry from IIT, Bombay.
M.Sc. (Master of Science) in Chemistry with a Gold medal from GJU, Hissar, Haryana- 1998.
B.Sc in Chemistry and Biology with excellence award, MDU, Rohtak, Haryana- 1996
- Total Experience: 21 years
- Academic Experience: 18 years
- Industrial Experience: 1 years
- Research Experience: 7 years
- Associate Professor at Shree L. R. Tiwari College of Engineering, Mira Road – September 2010 to till date.
- Lecturer – Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry, St. Xavier College, Ahmadabad and research experience on Drug Designing project under the guidance of Professor (Dr.) N.C. Desai – 2005 to 2010.
- Lecturer – Applied Chemistry at Bhiwani Institute of Technology and Sciences, Bhiwani, Haryana – 2003 to 2004.
- Lecturer – Applied Chemistry at BRCM college of Engineering and Technology, Bhiwani, Haryana – 2002 to 2003.
- Lecturer – Applied Chemistry at SVNIT, Surat – 2001 to 2002.
- Teaching and research experience at Thapar University (erstwhile Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology- Deemed University), Patiala, Punjab under the guidance of Professor (Dr.) Vasundhara Singh – 2000 to 2001.
- Quality control officer at Swastik Industrial Corporation, Bhiwani, Haryana -1999 to 2000
- Lecturer–Industrial Chemistry at Govt. Rajendra College, Bathinda, Punjab – 1998 to 1999
Workshops and Training Programs attended:
- AICTE approved FDP on “Student Induction Programme” organised by AP Shah Institute of Technology, from June 6 to June 8, 2019 and June 18 to June 24, 2019 (10 days).
- One day workshop on “Scilab” organised by IIT, Bombay (NMEICT,MHRD project) held on May 4, 2019
- AICTE-ISTE approved refresher programme on “Outcome based learning” organised by Bharat College of Engineering, Badlapur, from Jan 8 to Jan 13, 2018.
- AICTE approved FDP on “Foundation program in ICT for Education” organised by IIT, Bombay, from Aug 3 to Sept 7, 2017 (2 week).
- “Mixed Signal and VLSI Design” conducted by IIT Kharagpur, from Jan 31 to Feb 4, 2017.
- Faculty Development Programme on ‘Teaching and Beyond- Widening Horizons’, Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Bandra West, February 2016.
A Ten days National Conference on Analog electronics conducted by IIT Kharagpur under national mission on education through ICT organised by Shree L R Tiwari College of Engineering, Mira road, Mumbai – January 4th -14th , 2013.
“Faculty Development” attended and coordinated at Shree L. R. Tiwari College of Engineering, Mira road, Dec 2012
“Renewable Energy Technologies and Applications” at Fr. C. Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Navi Mumbai, Apr 2011
“Wireless Networking and Its Applications” at K. C. College of Engineering, Thane, Jan 2011
- “Research Meet” organised by Thakur College of Engineering and Technology, Kandivali held
on Jan 5, 2018.
- International Conference on ‘ICEMTE 2017’, Shree L. R. Tiwari College of Engineering, March 2017.
- “New Initiative in Apprenticeship Training” organized by BOAT, at Thakur College of Engineering held on 20th Oct’2016.
- “Step 2 Research” (e-siminar), organized by Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirappally in association with ISTE, Kerala Section and CSI Cochin Chapter on 19-20, Sep’2014.
- Seminar on ‘Protein folding and its thermodynamics’, IIT, Bombay, 2014.
- National Conference on ‘Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology’, Shree L. R. Tiwari College of Engineering, March 2011.
- Foresight Symposium of “R&D Challenges before the Indian Industry: Time to Have a Look at Our Universities”, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (TIET) Patiala, September 2000
- “Gujarat Science Conference”, Ahmadabad, March 2006
- Seminar on “Biotechnology in Textile Industry” organized by FICCI, Ahmadabad, September 2006
- Seminar on “Biotechnology and Nanotechnology” organized by ACTI, Ahmadabad, October 2006
- Anju Arya, Achal Mukhija, Nand Kishore “Modulation of molecular interactions of homologous series of amino acids with (sorbitol + glycine betaine) mixture compared to individual osmolyte: Thermodynamic analysis” J. Chem. thermodynamics, ISSN: 0021-9614, 137, 2019, 62-75. (Elsevier publications)
- Anju Arya, Nand Kishore “Physicochemical properties of L-carnitine with TMAO, sodium chloride and dextrose” J. Chem. thermodynamics, ISSN: 0021-9614, 120, 2018, 141-150.(Elsevier publications)
- Paper presentation on “A biophysical approach for the interactions of osmolytes with protein and its basic constituents” in world congress on biogenesis at IISC, Bangalore in Nov,2017 (6CME)
- Anju Arya, Amit Madahar “Terry Towels- A product of Textile industry”, International Journal of Development Research, ISSN: 2230-9926, Volume 7, Issue-3, March 2017, 11892-11893.
- Anju Arya, “Derivatisation of 4-Oxothiazolidines and Their Biological Activity”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, ISSN: 2321-8169, Volume 5, Issue-3, March 2017, 8-11.
- Rajeev Varshney, Dr. Anju Arya, “Biotechnological Developments in Textiles Field”, IJRITCC, Volume -5, Issue-3, March 2017, 37-39.
- Anju Arya, “L-Carnitine – A Cardiovascular Disease Factor” International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication, ISSN: 2321-8169, Volume 5, Issue-3, March 2017, 44-46.
- Anju Arya, “Derivatisation of 4-Oxothiazolidines and Their Biological Activity” presented in International Conference on Emanation in Modern Technology and Engineering, held at SLRTCE in 4th -5th March 2017.
- Rajeev Varshney, Dr. Anju Arya, “Biotechnological Developments in Textiles Field”, presented in ICEMTE-2017, held at SLRTCE in 4th -5th March 2017.
- Anju Arya, “L-Carnitine – A Cardiovascular Disease Factor” presented in ICEMTE-2017, held at SLRTCE in 4th -5th March 2017.
- Poster Presentation on “Molecular Interactions of Equimolar Osmolytes (sorbitol + glycine betaine) with Amino Acids at NFCFA-2017 at BITS, Plani (Goa Campus) in Jan’17.
- Rajeev Kumar Varshney, Arya Anju “Trends on Biotechnological Applications in Textile Industry” presented and published at National Conference on FEAT : Issues and Challenges – 2013, held at Punjab Technical University-GZS Campus, Bathinda in Feb’13 [ISBN/ISSN: 978-93-83083-00-8, 114-117
- Varshney R. K, Arya Anju “Biotechnology in the Textile Industry” presented and published at National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology sponsored by IETE, CSI at SLRTCE, Mumbai in Mar’11
- Arya Anju, Bhole Karuna “Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of 4-Oxothiazolidines” presented and published at National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology sponsored by IETE, CSI at SLRTCE, Mumbai on Mar’11
- IQAC and NAAC Coordinator for NAAC.
- Dean R&D.
- Steering Committee Coordinator for NAAC.
- Member of College Development Committee (CDC).
- Member of Mahila Takrar Samiti.
- Invited as Vice-Chancellor Nominee as Subject Expert (Applied Chemistry) of University staff selection Committee, constituted by Vidyalankar Institute of Technology, Wadala on March 9, 2018.
Book reviewer of Applied Chemistry (Awarded by Oxford University press)
- Convener of Internal Complaint Committee
- Anchoring for international conference in March, 2017 at SLRTCE.
- Successfully coordinated Cultural Festival (Culfest) at SLRTCE since past 5 years
- Best speaker award in word congress held on 2017 Institutional Award for Distinguished teacher, Best publication and research and Faculty
- Member of Organizing committee of National Conference organized at SLRTCE in 2011
- Successfully coordinated STTP at SLRTCE
- Topped GJ University in Masters in Science program.
- Subject excellence in Chemistry and Biology at graduation level
- First prize in Sanskrit Shloka Uchaaran at graduation level
- Second prize in district level inter-school debate competition
- Secured first division throughout the academics.
- Miss fresher and Miss farewell award at post-graduation and graduation level.
Memberships of Professional Bodies:
- Life Membership ISTE