Prof. Abhijit Somnathe
1) Prof. Abha Patil (CS) 2) Prof. Sunil Yadav (IT)
3) Prof. Om Khatawkar (CE) 4) Prof. Roshan Mishra (ME)
Opportunities and challenges continue to require engineers to literally invent the future by developing breakthrough technologies that solve global problems and enhance the quality of life. To propel this we believe in exploring the Innovative Spirit through deep research and radical innovation, especially by infusing research with academics and establishing a meaningful rapport and collaboration at Institute and University level vitally in the domains of manpower exchange programs and core research based activities. Through this we will:
- Assist in driving forward a successful innovation economy.
- Develop high-quality skills and radical innovation thinking.
- Deliver education that will correspond to quality research.
- To foster Innovation and Research that will lead to competitive development.
- To establish our college as a Centre for Excellence in Innovation, through an interdisciplinary approach.
- To create opportunities for engineering students to build their Academic Profile for a successful career.
- To enhance productivity in our youth and channel their intellect to improvise and invent for the benefit of society.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organizing National and International Conferences
- Organizing Short Term Training Programs and workshops
- Establishing linkages with other Institutes / Labs / Organizations (such as SAMEER, ISRO, BARC etc.) for projects
- Arranging seminars on paper presentation techniques for faculty and students, designed to meet international standards
- Inculcate the concept of research among students & staff by arranging paper presentation competitions
- Encourage publication of research articles by sending deserving entries to journals
- Identifying members of the faculty who have are orientation towards research activities.
- Scrutinize, guide student projects(BE / ME) and suggest measures to develop projects to convert them into a viable Research Project
- Facilitate submission of project reports to AICTE / UGC / DRDO to facilitate funding, fetch grants etc.
- In the year 2011 our Institute has joined the club of National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), an initiative by IIT & IISc. This has facilitated the library with more than 250 course videos prepared by IIT & IISc academicians.
- Remote Centre of IIT Bombay – Institute Code: 1306
- The ‘Teach 1000 Teachers’programme was initiated by IIT Bombay in 2009 under the project, ‘Empowerment of Students/Teachers’ sponsored by National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology NMEICT (MHRD, Govt. Of India). The main aim of this programme is to work with Engineering Colleges in the country to enhance the teaching skills of faculty colleagues in core Engineering and Science subjects.
- Shree L R Tiwari College of Engineering is recognized as Remote Centre for IIT Bombay to meet the above goal.
- Recognized AAKASH center of IIT.
Resource Centre of IIT Bombay
The Spoken Tutorial project is the initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ project of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT), launched by MHRD, Govt of India, in association with IIT Bombay. The idea is to teach software in a language that the learner is comfortable in.
Shree L R Tiwari College of Engineering is recognized as Resource Centre for IIT Bombay to achieve the goal so that the spoken tutorials be used to teach any free and open source software in any language and to any difficulty level learner – Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.