SLRTCE has been continuously enhancing and updating its well-equipped Library as it is one of the key learning resources which assists students in fulfilling their information requirements and helps its faculty in supplementing class-room lectures.
The purpose of the Library Committee is to act as a channel of communication between the Institute Library and its users. It shall assist in developing operational procedures, suggest various measures for improvement and development of the library resources and formulate both personnel and fiscal policies. It shall strive to inculcate the enriching habit of reading books in a technologically enabled and intellectual atmosphere.
Role and Responsibilities
- Purchase of Library Material – e material and reading devices
- Provision and upkeep of Reading Room
- Reference Section
- Working Hours, Extended Hours & Holidays
- Current students, Alumni, visitor/community
- Book Issue, Issue Period
- Facility- Reprography & Internet connectivity
- Book Bank
- Linkages to other Libraries
- Budget Preparation
- Stock Checking