Computer Society of India (CSI)-SLRTCE
We have inaugurated the CSI [Computer Society of India] Students chapter in our college on 10th February 2011 at Shri L.R. Tiwari College of Engineering was graced by the presence of a galaxy of dignitaries like:
- Shri Rahul Tiwari- Secretary , Rahul education society
- Mrs. Krishna Tiwariji – Joint secretary, Rahul education society
- Dr. Vishnu K. Kanhere – chairman CSI Mumbai Chapter, Chief guest
- Dr. S. Ram Reddy – Principal, Shri. L.R.Tiwari College of Engineering
- Mr. Ravi S. Eppaturi – Vice – Chairman CSI Mumbai Chapter, Guest of Honor
- Mr. SM Fahimuddin Pasha –Assistant Manager CSI Mumbai Chapter
- Dr. Vinayak Shinde – Coordinator ‘Students Chapter’ Shri. L.R.Tiwari College of Engineering
- Mrs. Deepali Patil – Coordinator ‘Students Chapter’ Shri. L.R.Tiwari College of Engineering
- Mrs. Aabha Patil- Coordinator ‘Students Chapter’ Shri. L.R.Tiwari College of Engineering
Faculty members of Shri. L.R. Tiwari college of Engineering.
Students from IT and Computer branch of Shri. L.R. Tiwari college of Engineering
Nominating Authority: Dr. S. Ram Reddy
- Dr. Vinayak Shinde
- Prof. Deepali Patil
|Chairman||Amit Redkar||BE – IT|
|Vice – Chairman||Amit Agrawal||BE – CMPN|
|Secretary||Priyanka Singh||TE – CMPN|
|Treasurer||Madhuri Thanvi||BE – IT|
|Membership Head||Arihant Chhajed||BE – CMPN|
Overview of CSI:
Computer Society of India is the first and largest body of computer professionals in India. The Computer Society of India is a non-profit professional meet to exchange views and information learn and share ideas. The wide spectrum of members is committed to the advancement of theory and practice of Computer Engineering and Technology Systems, Science and Engineering, Information Processing and related Arts and Sciences.
The mission of the CSI is to facilitate research, knowledge sharing, learning and career enhancement for all categories of IT professionals, while simultaneously inspiring and nurturing new entrants into the industry and helping them to integrate into the IT community. The CSI is also working closely with other industry associations, government bodies and academia to ensure that the benefits of IT advancement ultimately percolate down to every single citizen of India.
The Society also encourages and assists professionals to maintain integrity and competence of the profession and fosters a sense of partnership amongst members. Besides the activities held at the Chapters and Student Branches, the Society also conducts periodic conferences, seminars.
CSI has an Educational Directorate which undertakes activities related to certification of professionals related to the latest technologies.
Being a CSI member one can avail the opportunities like:
- Opportunity to participate in the international, national, regional and chapter events of CSI such as conferences, seminars, symposia, workshops, technical talks, free lectures on latest technological advancements in IT at discounted rates between 10%-50%.
- Opportunity to offer workshops/ trainings in collaboration with CSI.
- Opportunity to deliver guest lecturers in educational institutes associated to CSI across India.
The “Digital India” initiative aims at availing digitizing of various individual projects of all central government and ministries like education, health services and other services, that can be delivered to citizens using Information and Communication Technology (ICT) by joining all the areas of India including the Gram Panchayats at high speed internet through broadband connectivity, in order to focus on the e – governance till 2019.
The Digital India program is just the beginning of a digital revolution, once implemented properly it will open various new opportunities for the citizens. It is one of the highly ambitious programs of Indian government, and is directly monitored by Honorable Prime Minister of India. The program is a multi-ministry program, with the involvement of central cabinet ministers, state governments etc. Various grand companies like Microsoft, Google and Fujitsu will also agreed be partner and help the success of Digital India initiative.
CSI`s main contribution is Digitalizing India as the pioneer organization and supplementing Government of India and state governments in the propagation and establishment of computer education.
The Computer Society of India organized its two day Annual student convention – TechNext 2014/15 on 31st January and 1st February 2015 in collaboration with FOSSEE group of IIT Bombay to commemorate its Golden Jubilee. There were pre-convention competitions and spoken tutorials, seminars in different colleges. Our college Shree L. R. Tiwari College organized its pre event on LAN Gaming (Need for Speed and Counter Strike) on 20th Jan 2015. There were around 50 participants from various colleges.