Subject area of interest:
Core interest –Telecommunication Systems /Antenna and RF design, Teaching
- Ph.D. from ‘Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER)’, IIT Campus, Mumbai, 2014.
- M.E. in Electronics Engineering from VJTI Mumbai, Mumbai University, 1994.
- B.E. in E&TC Engineering from Govt Engineering College, Jabalpur, Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, MP, 1985.
Total Experience: 30.4years
Academic Experience: 30.4 years
- Presently, Prof & Head of Department (Electronics) and Co-ordinator ME Programme, Incharge-Examination, Shree L. R. Tiwari College of Engineering, Mira Road.
- Formerly Vice-Principal, Leelavati Awhad Inst of Tech, Kanhor, Badlapur, Thane.
- Formerly Head, E & TC Dept, K.J.Somaiya College of Engineering, Vidyavihar, Mumbai- 400077.
Awards and Achievements
- Indira Gandhi Excellence Award.
- Rashtriya Gaurav Award
- Ideal Teacher Award
- Received National scholarship in Merit-List of HSSC examination from Govt of M.P.
At University of Mumbai level
- Worked from time to time as Members Academic Council (2006-2012) & different Statutory Committees of the University of Mumbai
- Chairman, Board of Studies, Electronics Engg, University of Mumbai.(2009-2012).
- Chairman, Board of Studies, Electronics & Telecommunication, UoM.(2006-2009).
- Responsible for Syllabus up gradation of Electronics and E& TC syllabus
- Former Member, Syllabus Committee, Board of Studies (2005-07), IT, UoM.
At Institute level
- Vice-Principal; Overall Academic Development of the Institute.
- Head, E & TC Dept, J.Somaiya College Of Engineering
- Chairman, ISTE Chapter, K. J. S. C. E. (2003-05). Member, Library Committee. Member, Local Managing Committee (2003-2007). Advisor, ISTE Chapter, K. J. S. C. E. (2005-07).
Department level responsibilities
- Laboratory/ Course Development: New courses for augmentation. Coordinating/ conducting electronic workshop, designing new experiments.
- Effective teaching: Handled various courses in Electronics & Telecommunication in the broad areas of Antenna, Optical Fibre, Satellite and Mobile & Cellular Communication.
- Overall Personality Development of Students and faculty of the Department by Coordinating/ Active Participation in Augmentation course, Workshop, Seminar, Industrial Visits, Inviting Experts from Industry/ Institute.
Workshops and Conference attended
(As coordinator/ Resource Person)
- Coordinated 7- Short-Term Training Programmes (ISTE approved), workshop, and National and International conferences.
- Resource person/ invited speaker at various engineering colleges (40+ in Maharashtra) to update the knowledge base of the faculty in the field of Electronics & Telecommunication.
- In 2013 delivered 35 hours lecture at TATA-Graduate Engineer Trainee’s training programme at EON IT park, Pune.
Academic Research Activities:
DETAILS OF DOCTORAL THESIS:
- Design and implementation of Ultra-Wide Band(UWB) Antennas: To make the overall wireless system compact, the UWB antennas should be electrically small, low profile and above all PCB integrateable with other subsystems/ components. Therefore, focus of this research work is to develop techniques to enhance the bandwidth of printed antenna, which will lead to further UWB and beyond, that attains a compact size, sufficient gain, high efficiency and near omni-directional azimuthal radiation pattern.
Project Guided at Under Graduate Level: 56
Students Guided at Master’s Degree Level: 04
(Total 26: citation 29):
- Three papers published in Wiley Interscience’s MOTL (Microwave and Optical Technology Letters) International Journal.
- One paper published in Elsevier’s AEUE International Journal of Electronics and Communications.
- One paper published in IJCA: International Journal of Computer Applications.
- One paper, in IETE –Journal of Research,Taylor & Francis.
- One paper, in Int Journals ComAppEngg.
- One paper, published in International Symposim on Microwave.
- One Journal/Conference paper published in IRNET proceeding of International conference ICEEE/InterscienceOpen Access Journal(IOAJ).
- Two research papers, published in IEEE I’nal Confs (IEEE- AEMC and IEEE-ICACC ), uploaded in ieeexplore.
- Two research papers, published in National conferences (ETWT Madurai)/ (NCET – Goa).
- Post Ph.D. : Two research papers have been accepted for publication in ieeexplore.
- Conference Technical Paper Published/ Presented -International: 3, National: 8
Memberships of Professional Bodies:
- Presently member Executive Council IETE Mumbai Centre, Formerly Vice-Chairman, Executive Council IETE Mumbai Centre (2006-08).
- Fellow of IETE (F143401).
- Life member of ISTE.
- Member IEEE.