|Course Details||AICTE Approved Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Affiliated to Mumbai University|
|Year of establishment||2010|
|Program offered||4 years B.E. (Information Technology)|
|No. of batches graduated||7|
|Number of Labs||5|
|Number of Class rooms||2|
|Number of Tutorial rooms||1|
|Publications||No. of Faculty members||Number of Publications|
The department of Information Technology envisions to create aspiring, self disciplined skilled and highly intellectual IT professionals who can compete with and enhance the growing technological advancements.
To train and transform the students and motivate faculty to impart value – based IT education for boosting the knowledge of students to high standards and enabling them to respond to the technological challenges faced across the globe.
Significance of Information Technology
Information Technology really plays an important role, especially when we speak about education. It emphasises the need for quality training and advanced learning, and also benefits the teachers through digital resources and technology based teaching material.
Importance of Information technology:
- IT aids the easy accessibility of learning resources and information at any time,thus enhancing the teaching skills and learning ability. The learning resources are being widened. In particular, they need to make use of the new multimedia technologies to communicate ideas, describe projects, and order information in their work. IT has also provided an immediacy to education. Also the pace of imparting knowledge is very very fast and one can be educated anywhere at any time. New IT has often been introduced into well-established patterns of working and living without radically altering them. For example, the traditional office, with secretaries working at keyboards and notes being written on paper and manually exchanged, has remained remarkably stable, even if personal computers have replaced typewriters. One can study whenever he wills, irrespective of whether it is day or night and irrespective of being in India or in US because of the boom in IT.
- A vital skill in the new digital world is the ability to work collaboratively on projects with others who may not be physically close. This can best be done using modern computer tools such as the web, email, instant messaging and cell phone. Rather than laboring alone on homework, students can work in small groups wherever they happen to be and at any time. They are doing this already (it used to be called chatting) – it can now be formalized and taught as a vital skill. Many university projects are undertaken by teams spread around the world. Students need to be prepared for this..
- Audio-Visual Education, planning, preparation, and use of devices and materials that involve sight, sound, or both, for educational purposes.. The growth of audio-visual education has reflected developments in both technology and learning theory.
- The information and data which are available on the net is purely correct and up to date.
- Decision Making Speed and accuracy are at the heart of making right decisions for the organization or any work. Every successful organization has to go through a comprehensive market research process which enables management to make the right decision. Market research can be done in many ways through online surveys, forums, blogs, group discussions using the World Wide Web and of course through in-person interviews as well. Currently Big data, Google Analytics and Microsoft CRM Dynamics are also great tools to extract useful information which can impact on decision making. These online tools not only provide real time responses from the potential audience but also ensure the accuracy of data by minimizing the risk of human errors.
Shree L.R. Tiwari College of Engineering offers a four year undergraduate program in Information Technology affiliated to University of Mumbai, approved by AICTE and recognized by DTE, Maharashtra.