Name of the Chair
Dr. Vinayak Shinde
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP).
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development.
- Meet with higher authorities to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Control the computer systems budgets and expenditures.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system.
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
- Train staff about potential uses of existing technology.
- Provide recommendations about accessing information and support.
- Maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and resources.
- Monitor and maintain technology to ensure maximum access.
- Maintain log and/or list of required repairs and maintenance.
- Make recommendations about purchase of technology resources .
- Research current and potential resources and services.
- Provide network access to all staff and students.
- Provide network accounts and passwords as required.
- Monitor security of all technology and Install and maintain Foolproof and passwords
- Advise staff of security breach and/or change in password or security status
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate
- Perform other related duties as required during working hours